Michelin Starcross 5 Soft Motorcycle Tires are designed to provide the best possible handling and traction characteristics of any soft terrain tire. The aggressive front tread design rips up berms and trails by giving a larger lean angle than most soft terrain tires out there. The rear tread design provides unmatched traction is some of the softest conditions including sand. Aggressive side knobs give you confidence while leaning the bike over through turns as speed. In addition to traction, another important aspect of this tire is that the tread cleans out better than most every tire out there keeping the knobbies exposed and not covered by mud.
- Reduced unsprung mass on both front and rear tires reduces the rotational inertia for improved acceleration, braking, and steering control.
- Stronger, higher density casing materials minimizes weight up to an average of 10% for all tires.
- Self Cleaning Tread Design -Fine lines found at the base of the tread blocks are designed to release mud and debris as the casing flexes to maintain maximum traction and clean tread.
- Mud-Phobic Bars between the central blocks on the MICHELIN StarCross 5 Soft rear maximize the cleaning capability and improve lateral grip in softer terrain
- Confort Casing Technology - The new casing absorbs square edges and braking bumps better, and minimizes tire rebound, which helps reduce rider fatigue.
- MICHELIN StarCross 5 front tires are designed to enhance braking performance and cornering traction while maintaining an optimized contact patch.
- Enhanced tread designs with more aggressive sculptures and variable height tread blocks that maintain traction straight up and at varying lean angles.
- Lateral rigidity is maintained by using two, more densely constructed polyester plies, providing increased sidewall strength, which reduces the likelihood of pinch flats.
- Wider Range of Use: MICHELIN StarCross 5 Medium and Soft versions are more versatile and effective in a wider range of terrains and conditions compared to the previous range
- The new bead profile makes them easier to install.