RR MY 2023
Simply the Best
To quote that famous song from the 1990s, nothing sums up the latest addition to the Beta family better than the words “simply the best, better than all the rest…”. While the world is rediscovering the values of essential functionality, Betamotor continues to ride a wave of impressive motor-sports victories, and began the 2022 edition of the Enduro World Championship as incumbent champion once again. It is in this context that the Rignano sull’Arno-based constructor presents the new MY23 RR, a bike which carries over many of the characteristics that made its predecessor so unbeatable last season, but which has been revised with a number of significant new features introduced across the range, plus other upgrades specific to certain engine sizes, in order to maintain the unassailable supremacy of the RR family as a whole.
Beta worked in close collaboration with the Enduro champions Brad Freeman and Steve Holcombe to develop a suite of new solutions regarding both the power-train and the frame/suspension for the MY 2023 RR 2 Str and 4 Str models, to consolidate the already highly acclaimed characteristics of the previous generation. As always, the guiding philosophy of the engineers at Rignano sull’Arno has been to not only increasing the performance of the brand's bikes, but to also making this performance even more accessible. So rather than major changes, this model year has gained a series of upgrades intended to consolidate all the outstanding qualities of each individual model. Completing the picture are a new all-red colour scheme and new plastics with a more linear, essential, and sleeker design than before, providing the RR with an even more minimalist look. Some say “less is more”: Beta believes that only the very best will do, and creates bikes with no frills, with only what you really need, whether racing or out on a Sunday ride with your mates.
As always, the range is made up of 8 different models, each with its own personality, to cater for the needs of a very diverse spectrum of riders. There's the perfect RR for every rider, but what every model has in common is the ability to instill confidence in the user and offer a genuinely rewarding riding experience. The key characteristics of each model are as follows:
CHARACTERISTICS OF RR MODELS
The smallest bike in the Beta range, it is the lightest and easiest to handle. In pure racing style, it is suitable for both young riders coming up from the lower categories and more expert riders lookingfor a fun bike.
The chassis set-up and engine derive from its smaller sister, ensuring an extremely contained weight and excellent handling but with decidedly greater torque and power. Oil injection and an electric starter make this a complete bike, just perfect for Enduro enthusiasts.
Ideal for those looking for a gentler 2-stroke bike with slightly less power and torque than top-of-the-range models to ensure excellent handling.
Made for those who appreciate a big engine with significant torque at any speed.
Suitable for those who favour long gearing.
The most significant upgrades and new features introduced for the MY 2023 RR range are:
For all models
- • Suspensions: Beta never stops honing the frame and suspensions of its bikes. In the quest for an even sharper, purer rider feedback, Betamotor's engineers have revised the internals of the front fork - a ZF component, as on the previous generation - of the 2023 model year of the RR family. First and foremost, the geometry of the oil passages around the fork piston has been modified to eliminate any throttling effect completely and ensure impeccably smooth damper action throughout the entire travel. By creating freer-flowing oil return passages, this improvement opens up even greater possibilities for setting up the fork, as eliminating all structural impediments to the oil flow means that even the smallest change in setting produces a perceptible result. This results in an improved rider comfort and in a more effective fork support throughout the initial excursion of the damper. Therefore, the bike remains composed and controllable even in rough terrain conditions.
- • Radiator shrouds on tank: one of the changes over the previous generation with an impact on both style and function is the revised shape of the new radiator shrouds on the RR range. The new shrouds are narrower than before to give the rider more freedom of movement, especially when cornering in a motocross style with the bike leaned sharply into the bend and with the inner leg extended forwards. More ergonomically shaped than before, the shrouds let the rider assume a snugger position on the saddle with the bike gripped firmly between the legs for an even better rider feedback. The sleeker new shrouds also contribute to the revised, simple, and essential new look of the bike.
- • Graphics: all models now feature a new all-red colour scheme. The style of the graphics is more minimalist than before, with bold, clearly defined forms and purer, more modern lines which emphasize the muscular shape of the bike and link the new shrouds seamlessly to the other components.
In addition to these range-wide upgrades, a number of more specific and substantial modifications have been introduced on certain models to accentuate their unique and unmistakable personality.
RR 125 2 Str
- • Flywheel and crankshaft: the 125 2-stroke engine features a lighter flywheel and a smaller-diameter crankshaft than its predecessor. Both of these components have been introduced to reduce the inertia of the engine internals. In terms of performance, this translates to a quicker throttle response as it allows the components of the engine to spin up more rapidly, and lets the rider make full use of all the power available in spite of this model having less horsepower on tap than its bigger siblings.
- • Crankcase: the smaller-diameter crankshaft takes up less space in the crankcase. Betamotor's engineers have redesigned the crankcase to compensate for the space freed up by the smaller crankshaft, optimizing the interior volume of the component itself to ensure the air/fuel mixture flow needed to maximize the performance unleashed by the new components.
- • Power valve: the power valve has been re-calibrated to effectively manage the more explosive performance of the new engine.